I got this recipe from Mark Bittman's book, How to Cook Everything.
Ingredients
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used seasoned from the store, but the book recommends fresh)
1/2 cup milk
2lbs mixed ground meats (I used beef, veal, and pork)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
1 small onion, minced
1 small carrot, minced
1 tsp minced fresh sage leaves or 1 pinch dried sage leaves (I didn't have these so I skipped this ingredient)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 slices bacon (I used probably 4 or so)
Preheat oven to 350.
Soak breadcrumbs in milk until milk is absorbed, about 5 min
Mix all other ingredients together, except for bacon
Shape the mixture into a free-form loaf in a baking pan.
Top with bacon.
Bake for 45-60 min, basting occasionally with the rendered pan juices.
When done, the meat loaf will be lightly browned, firm, and 160 degrees in the middle.
This is so amazing! I served with mashed potatoes and green beans!
No comments:
Post a Comment